Commemorative coins "Squirrel"
Put into circulation on 30 December 2009Design: S. Nekrasova (Belarus)
Minted by: B.H. Mayer’s Kunstprägeanstalt GmbH, Karlsfeld, Germany
- Gold, Alloy standard of gold: 999
- Denomination: 50 rubles
- Weight of coin, g: 7.78
- Fine gold content, g: 7.78
- Quality: "proof", The coin is inlaid with a diamond 1mm in size and of SI clarity.
- Diameter, mm: 25
- Mintage, pcs.: 2,000
- without box – 481 ruble 85 copecks
- Silver, Alloy standard of silver: 999
- Denomination: 20 rubles
- Weight of coin, g: 31.1
- Fine silver content, g: 31.1
- Quality: "proof", The coin is inlaid with a Swarovski crystal.
- Diameter, mm: 38.61
- Mintage, pcs.: 5,000
- without box – 37 rubles 42 copecks
The coins are round in shape with a raised rim on the obverse and the reverse. The coins’ edge is grained.
in the center — the relief image showing the State Coat of Arms of the Republic of Belarus in the circle surrounded by the geometrical ornament; beneath — the year of issue and the alloy standard; and circumferential inscriptions: at the top — РЭСПУБЛIКА БЕЛАРУСЬ (THE REPUBLIC OF BELARUS), at the bottom — 50 РУБЛЁЎ (50 RUBLES) on the gold coin and 20 РУБЛЁЎ (20 RUBLES) on the silver one.
in the center — the relief image of a squirrel with its eye inlaid with a diamond on the gold coin and a Swarovski crystal on the silver one; and in the right-hand part — a circumferential inscription: ВАВЁРКА * SCIURUS VULGARIS (SQUIRREL * SCIURUS VULGARIS).