A 3-day seminar on Payment Systems was held within the framework of the EU Twinning Project
The seminar on Payment Systems was conducted within the framework of the EU Twinning Project "Strengthening the National Bank of the Republic of Belarus". The event was held on 6-8 June 2018 at the Training Centre of the National Bank in Raubichi.
The component leader and short-term experts from Narodowy Bank Polski: Robert Klepacz, Michał Masłowski, Szymon Woźniak, Piotr Maziarz, Paweł Łysakowski and the expert from Lietuvos Bankas Šarūnas Grigas and specialists of the National Bank of the Republic of Belarus took part in the seminar.
The following topics were raised at the seminar:
- European Union payment law;
- Role of the Central Bank in payment system;
- Payment Services Directive 2;
- Retail payment systems and instant payments – role of the Clearing House in Poland;
- Payment cards market in Poland;
- Interchange Fee Regulation – Polish perspective;
- Regulatory Technical Standards SCA & CSC;
- Payment Systems & Services Oversight and Supervision;
- Financial Market Infrastructure Oversight;
- Innovations and standardization in payments;
- Cash payment limits – an instrument for fighting the shadow economy;
- Cashless inclusion – central bank education activity;
- Pan-European Instant Payment Systems (TIPS, RT1);
- E-invoicing – benefits and challenges;
- API ecosystem and electronic identification schemes (eIDAS).
A round table discussion at the end of the seminar encouraged the participants of the event to exchange opinions and sum up the results.