Commemorative coins "Virgo"
Put into circulation on: silver, 20 rubles - 25 June 2009 ; copper–nickel, 1 ruble - 25 June 2009 ; gold, 100 rubles - 23 March 2011Design: S.Zaskevich (Belarus)
Minted by: The Mint of Poland PLC., Warsaw, Poland
- Silver, Alloy standard of silver: 925
- Denomination: 20 rubles
- Weight of coin, g: 28.28
- Fine silver content, g: 26.16
- Quality: "uncirculated", The coin is oxidized and inlaid with synthetic crystals
- Diameter, mm: 38.61
- Mintage, pcs.: up to 25,000
- without box – 31 ruble 48 copecks
- in box – 33 rubles 09 copecks
- Denomination: 1 ruble
- Weight of coin, g: 13.16
- Quality: "brilliant–uncirculated"
- Diameter, mm: 32
- Mintage, pcs.: 10,000
- without box – 2 rubles 36 copecks
- Gold, Alloy standard of gold: 900
- Denomination: 100 rubles
- Weight of coin, g: 15.5
- Fine gold content, g: 13.95
- Quality: "proof"
- Diameter, mm: 30
- Mintage, pcs.: up to 2,000
- in box – 863 rubles 97 copecks
The coins are round in shape. The gold and copper-nickel coins have a raised rim on the obverse and the reverse. The edge of the gold and silver coins is not reeded, and of the copper-nickel ones is reeded.
in the center — the image of the Sun and the Moon within the band of 12 signs of the zodiac, beneath — the astrological sign of Virgo, and inscriptions: VIRGO in Latin and ДЗЕВА in Belarusian; at the top — the relief image of the State Coat of Arms of the Republic of Belarus; at the bottom — the year of issue on the left (and on the gold and silver coin — the alloy standard and trademark of The Mint of Poland PLC. on the right); circumferential inscriptions: at the top — РЭСПУБЛIКА БЕЛАРУСЬ (THE REPUBLIC OF BELARUS), at the bottom — 100 РУБЛЁЎ (100 RUBLES) on the gold coin, 20 РУБЛЁЎ (20 RUBLES) on the silver coin and 1 РУБЕЛЬ (1 RUBLE) on the copper-nickel coin.
the stylized image of Virgo (with an inset of synthetic crystals as the eyes on the silver coin) within the circular geometrical ornament.