Commemorative coins "European Bison"
Put into circulation on 28 December 2012Design: S.Zaskevich (Belarus)
Minted by: B.H. Mayer’s Kunstprägeanstalt GmbH, Karlsfeld, Germany
- Gold, Alloy standard of gold: 999
- Denomination: 50 rubles
- Weight of coin, g: 7.78
- Fine gold content, g: 7.78
- Quality: "proof", The coin is inlaid with two diamonds 0.8 mm in size, VS clarity.
- Diameter, mm: 25
- Mintage, pcs.: 2,000
- without box – 701 ruble 50 copecks
- in box – 706 rubles 71 copeck
- Silver, Alloy standard of silver: 999
- Denomination: 20 rubles
- Weight of coin, g: 31.1
- Fine silver content, g: 31.1
- Quality: "proof", The coin is inlaid with two synthetic crystals.
- Diameter, mm: 38.61
- Mintage, pcs.: 5,000
- without box – 67 rubles 85 copecks
- in box – 73 rubles 21 copeck
The coins are round in shape with a raised rim on the obverse and the reverse. The coins’ edge is grained.
in the center, within a circular geometric ornamental pattern, – the relief image of the State Coat of Arms of the Republic of Belarus with the year of issue beneath it and the alloy standard to the left of it; and circumferential inscriptions: at the top – РЭСПУБЛIКА БЕЛАРУСЬ (THE REPUBLIC OF BELARUS) and at the bottom – the denomination: 50 РУБЛЁЎ (50 RUBLES) on the gold coin and 20 РУБЛЁЎ (20 RUBLES) on the silver one.
in the center — the relief image of the European bison with its eyes inlaid with two diamonds (on the gold coin) or two synthetic crystals (on the silver one); and at the bottom on the right-hand side —circumferential inscription: ЗУБР ∙ BISON BONASUS (EUROPEAN BISON ∙ BISON BONASUS).