Commemorative Coin "Sagittarius. 2013"
Put into circulation on 9 October 2013Design: D.Surajewska (Poland)
Minted by: The Mint of Poland PLC., Warsaw, Poland
- Silver, Alloy standard of silver: 925, Alloy standard of gold: 999.9
- Denomination: 20 rubles
- Weight of coin, g: 28.28
- Fine silver content, g: 26.16, gold – 0.019)
- Quality: "proof", a transparent capsule containing a movable silver filigree in the shape of a sagittarius plated with gold
- Diameter, mm: 41
- Mintage, pcs.: up to 10,000
- Set of Silver Coins the "Signs of the Zodiac. 2013"
- in box – 82 rubles 80 copecks
The coin is round in shape with a raised rim on the obverse and the reverse. The coin’s edge is plain.
at the top — the relief image of the State Coat of Arms of the Republic of Belarus; in the center — the fragment of an engraving published in ‘Ars Magna Lucis et Umbrae’, the work on interaction between celestial bodies by the German scholar A. Kircher; in the right side — the alloy standard and the trademark of the Mint of Poland PLC underneath; and circumferential inscriptions: at the top — РЭСПУБЛİКА БЕЛАРУСЬ (THE REPUBLIC OF BELARUS) and at the bottom — the denomination: 20 РУБЛЁЎ (20 RUBLES) and the year of issue.
in the center — the relief gold-plated picture of the stylized sagittarius against the stylized representation of the clock on the clock tower in St Mark’s Square in Venice and the circumferential inscription — SAGITTARIUS in the right side; beneath — the insert: a transparent capsule containing a movable silver filigree in the shape of a sagittarius plated with gold.